My friend Donna at The House on the Corner -my compadre in Texas, tagged me with 8 questions and the challenge to answer these and come up with 8 of my own and send them to 8 of my bloggy friends. So, here it goes…
Oh, my goodness Donna! You’re making my brain work hard this morning! Coffee, please!
1. What is your favorite childhood memory? Now tears are coming to my eyes. My favorite childhood memory is dancing with my dad. That man had quite the spirit! He loved his Country music, and back then Country music was really good! (early 70’s) He loved to sing -I can see him now- singing with Merle Haggard…when he’d get in a mood-most probably while cooking – he loved to cook and experiment with food – he would start dancing and invite us children to join along.
|doesn’t he look like a Country singer?|
2. If you could come back as any person in history, who would it be and why? Betsy Ross. She impacted our country in a wonderful way and I think encouraged and inspired those whose dream was America to go on. Just think what the flag has meant to our country over the years. That’s what I’d love – to encourage and to inspire.
3. You have 5 minutes to evacuate your house. All your loved ones are safe (both the two legged and four legged varieties). What would you grab from your home on your way out the door? I’d grab my Bible, family photos, this laptop-there’s sooo much on it, make sure I had my wedding ring on and shoes.
4. Of the posts you have created for your own blog, which one was your favorite (be sure and link it to your answer) and why? Oh my goodness, this is almost like choosing a favorite child. They’re your creation. But, I’m in the wedding and reminiscing mood at the moment it would have to be this one .
|Aren’t they beautiful!|
5. What is your dream vacation? Ireland and or Paris. Ireland because my dad instilled into his children his love for our heritage and Paris – ahhh, well in the springtime – must be painted in pink.
|I dream in green|
|and in pink|
6. When you know you don’t have to leave the house – do you get dressed or stay in your PJ’s? I usually put on some clothes that I can work in the garden in – but, yes I do get dressed. However, when lounging around I would put on my husband’s “loungy pants” and just recently purchased my own.
7. Do you sing in the car when you’re all alone? Oh yes! I have not been blessed with a singing voice, but I love to sing along with my favorite songs! I guess God knew what he was doing when he didn’t give me a singing voice – I’d get too emotional and tear up – and my husband (who has a marvelous voice – you can tell by his booming laugh) and children need a cheerleader and an audience.
8. Have you ever been to an auction and if so, what did you buy? Were you totally in love with the item – or did you accidentally, through no fault of your own, get caught up in the moment and buy something that when you later got home, wondered – “why in the world”…….not that that has happened to me….I’m just saying…… First of all, I asked my husband yesterday, “who started the phrase, ‘I’m just saying’, he loves to say it and so does my daughter! Anyhow – yes, once. It was an excitiing time. It was an auction at a storage facility. Lots and lots of things – you were bidding on a whole storage lot. Some things were visible and some things were boxed. We purchased a few – I got some beautiful paintings – that are hanging in our bedroom, a lovely china set that was boxed up and a terrific surprise and a beautiful cherub light fixture that will one day be put in our bedroom.
|one of the paintings hanging in our bedroom from the auction|
|the cherub light fixture – it has sconces to go over the light|