- 2 rolls frozen bread dough
- 1 lb. sage sausage
- 12 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Follow the directions to defrost the frozen bread dough and allow the dough to rise.
- Punch down the dough and spread the dough out onto floured surface. With your fingers shape dough into a rectangle.
- Brown the sausage; crumbling the meat as fine as you can; drain the fat; allow to cool slightly
- Combine the cooked sausage, cheddar cheese and eggs.
- Spread 1/2 the mixture onto one of the rolled out bread doughs; leave room at edges for sealing.
- From the shortest side begin to roll up the dough - jelly roll style. Seal the edges and place dough seam side down on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush the top of the bread with the prepared egg wash (mix egg with two tablespoons water)
- Bake the bread at 350 degrees until a rich brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Serve warm, sliced.