4th Thursday – Cooking:
This is one of the most fun things to do.
Paint sugar cookies.
Long before I began blogging, I followed several blogs.
One of these blogs was Once Upon a Plate. If you
are not familiar with Mari’s blog – you’re definitely
in for a treat! She is a talented cook and photographer.
I first discovered painted sugar cookies on her blog.
I have been looking for an opportunity to paint cookies – spring seems a good reason as any.
To paint the cookies I used this sugar cookie recipe.
I allowed them to completely cool, then I applied a coating of Royal icing also allowing it to completely dry.
I used Wilton gel food coloring to paint the cookies.
You can add water and adjust the amount to give you lighter and darker colors.
I also used AmeriColor Gourmet Write edible pens.
I plan to take these with me to Bible study tonight
to go along with our coffee.
For you, I created this light-hearted tablescape and
prepared a pitcher of Lavender Lemonade –
This is such a light, refreshing drink – you’ll love it!
Several years back, my husband and I were sponsors
Chaperoning children to a summer Christian camp.
I painted this birdhouse in the craft room that week and I thought it would add a cheery balance to the
I chose pastel colored dishes, my Pink Lemonade tablecloth to act as backdrop to the
There’s a place just for you and one for me!
I hope you enjoy the painted cookies and
the Lavender lemonade –
1 cup powdered (confectioner’s) sugar
1 egg white (or powdered egg whites)
3-4 drops lemon juice
To make the icing:
Mix the sugar, egg white and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth and creamy, it should have the consistency of heavy cream.
I do appreciate your visit and look forward to visiting
the posts to the Home and Garden Thursday participants.
1. Be a follower of A Delightsome Life through GFC, Email, Feedburner or other Social networks.
2. Please text link back to ADL or post the Party Button, so that your readers can join in/or find the other participants.
3. Home and Garden Thursday encompasses everything! You may link up and share your DIY, home décor, furniture refinishing, paint projects, craft projects, thrifty finds, gardening tips and photos, your recipes – anything Home and Garden related. Share your favorite post of the previous week!
4. Please link the URL specific to the post you are sharing – not your blog’s URL.
5. Please visit other guests, just as you would at any other party, leave some comments and perhaps make a few new friends!
On Wednesday morning, I will post features from the previous week – two of my favorite and two reader’s favorites.
The H and GT Party post will be published each Wednesday evening at 6:00 EST using Inlinkz.
A Delightsome Life
Home and Garden Thursday
Post schedule will be:
1st Thursday – Home Décor
2nd Thursday – Garden
3rd Thursday – Thrifting or Crafting
4th Thursday – Recipe or cooking tips
5th Thursday – Anything Goes
I look forward to seeing your inspiring posts!
I am joining these other Delightsome blog parties:
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper
Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming
I am also hosting a wonderful giveaway!
Just in time for gardening
Miracle-Gro Expand ‘n Gro Concentrated Planting Mix