The Stuff Dreams are made of
A few nights ago, I dreamt of making this wreath. I noticed that my bouquet of roses were drying beautifully, so I wanted to make something decorative for Christmas.
Then I remembered the embroidery hoops I’ve had for quite a while. Thus the dream began.
I wanted to keep it soft, romantic and simple.
So I gathered my materials…
1 embroidery hoop
27 dried small pink and cream rosebuds (15 pink; 12 cream)
sheer gold ribbon
- I first began by wrapping the Spanish moss round the embroidery hoop securing it with the floral wire.
- I then arranged my roses 15 pink and 12 cream.
- I began by hot gluing three pink roses at 10 pm (imagining the hoop to be similar to a clock face); then three pink roses at 2 pm and finally three pink roses at 6 pm.
- I then hot glued three cream roses at 9 pm and then at 3 pm.
- I finished by adding three cream roses each at 7 pm and 5 pm leaving a gap on each side on the bottom.
- I added two more pink roses to each group of three bringing these groups to five – on top I laid the two additional roses on their side pointing toward the top middle.
- I then measured two strips of sheer gold ribbon to hot glue at each open lower sides of the wreath.
- I Made a bow out of the sheer gold ribbon and added to the top of the wreath.
- With a small bit of floral wire I made a loop at the top to allow it to hang.
This was a simple, quick craft!
I am sharing this tutorial with these Delightsome blog parties: