Barbara at The Everyday Home and a few other Bloggers are hosting a fantastic challenge.
To create a dessert using ingredients found at the Dollar Store. How fun is that!
We all have those moments when you’re expecting guests….
and you haven’t anything prepared to serve – especially dessert.
Can you create an elegant, delicious dessert from items purchased at the Dollar Store?
I say, ‘yes’! I went to the store with this challenge in mind and with an open mind toward what I would be creating. I’m not exactly sure how each participant will be interpreting this challenge – but as for me – it will be of items I can find at the store. It will be something that could easily be recreated by you.
I found a bag of petite Almond Biscotti…an idea formulated.
I’d create a Cherry-Almond Trifle!
- 2 bags of Nonni Almond Biscotti Bites
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 package prepared (cups) vanilla pudding (2 packages for 4 or more servings)
- 1 container of Cool Whip
- 1 package roasted almonds
- vanilla and almond extract
- Remove pudding from individual containers into a mixing bowl. Sprinkle a few drops of Almond Extract. Whisk together. In a separate bowl spoon out the cherry pie filling; sprinkle a few drops of almond and vanilla extract. Stir together. In an additional bowl spoon in some of the Cool Whip and add a few drops of Vanilla Extract - stir together. Spoon enough pudding in the bottom to create the first layer. Top the pudding with two mini biscotti cookies. Top the cookies with more pudding. Top the pudding with cherry filling - concentrating on adding the cherries - not so much the filling. Top the Cherries with additional pudding. Top with two more cookies. Top with remaining pudding. Place some of the Cool Whip in a sandwich sized plastic bag. Cut a corner of the bag and pipe Cool Whip on top of the pudding. Crush the roasted almonds and lightly sprinkle over whip cream.
- You'll need at least two packages of pudding for four or more servings. I used dessert cups that hold approximately 1 to 1 1/2 cups.
This is a LINKY Party! Do you have an idea for a wonderful Dollar Store ingredient dessert?
Would you like to take up the challenge?
The LINKY party will be live tonight at 8 pm –
Have fun with this, and I’m sure your family will be thrilled with your ingenuity!
This month’s co-hosts are:
Amy at Atta Girl Says
Sondra Lyn at Sondra Lyn at Home
Sharon from Bringing Creativity 2 Life
Trina with A Few Miner Adjustments
Please visit each of these blogs for some great dessert ideas, as well.
Now it’s your turn.
**Please make sure you link back to The Everyday Home
or mone of the co-host blogs.**
** Please make sure at least half of your ingredients came
from The Dollar Store.**
Thanks for sharing your sweets!