We can sleep in, then enjoy a relaxing, perhaps decadent, breakfast. When Dearest wants something sweet, I like to prepare these quick and easy, Cranberry Almond Chai Rolls.
Wonderful Flavorful Combination
The combination of the tart cranberries, crunchy almonds, sweet brown sugar and McCormick’s Chai Spice Blend make these rolls extra special.
Once these rolls are golden brown, you just flip them over onto a serving tray and the melted brown sugar creates a delicious glaze. You then top these rolls with a few dried cranberries and toasted almonds and you’re ready to enjoy!
- 1 Sheet Frozen Puff Pastry - thawed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered Almonds
- 1 teaspoon Chai Spice Blend (McCormick)
- On a lightly flour dusted surface lay out the thawed Puff Pastry. Top the puff pastry with the brown sugar - using the amount that suits you. You will want to coat the majority of the surface leaving one of the long sides of the dough clean about 1/4 inch. Sprinkle the Chai Spice Blend over the brown sugar; sprinkle the Dried cranberries and slivered almonds over the brown sugar and spice. From the long side with the toppings begin to roll the puff pastry jelly roll style. When you get to the clean end dampen the end slightly with water to seal the end when completely rolled. Press lightly. Turn the 'jelly roll with the seam side on the bottom and with a sharp knife cut the rolls by 1 inch. Lay the rolls side by side making sure the seam is facing one of the rolls next to it. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown. Turn over the rolls onto a serving tray/plate and sprinkle with a few toasted almonds and dried cranberries. Serve and enjoy!
- This is one of those recipes I do by memory - the measurements above are approximate - you can add as much as you desire - generally you'll want to coat the dough with the sugar and toppings to your taste