We hosted our annual Christmas party and I provided the treats. Dearest does such a good job in entertaining – the evening was just so much fun!
Christmas Party Planning and Team
The Party Food
- Meatballs with sauce
- Pork Loin
- Roasted Little Potatoes
- Carrots-Brocolli and Dip
- Grapes and Cheese Cubes
- Hummus with Pita Chips
- Cheese Log & Crackers
- Cream Puffs
- Truffles – Vanilla and Lemon
- Pecan Tassies
- Salted Caramel Turtles
- Ginger Cookies
- Caramel Cake
- (My daughter added Buffalo Chicken Dip and chips)
Then we did the Left-Right Game…I showed the treats I made for that here. We had the Ornament exchange – where the gift could be ‘stolen’ and at the end Dearest shared the story of Jesus’ birth from Luke chapter two and sang. The evening was special from beginning to end.
Here are a Couple Recipes you might want to try
- 1 Package Oreo Vanilla Cookies
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 to 2 packages Baker's White Chocolate
- 1 Package Oreo Lemon Cookies
- 1 8 ounce package Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cups sweetened coconut
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 ounces Baker's White Chocolate
- For each Truffle: in a food processor pour whole package of cookies and process until the cookies are crumbs. Pour into mixer bowl, add softened cream cheese and process until well mixed. Form into one inch balls and chill. Coating: follow directions on Baker's white chocolate package to melt chocolate - break into pieces, process at 30 seconds, stir and 10 second increments until completely melted. Dip chilled vanilla balls into chocolate coating well and setting aside or in small cupcake liner. Chill and serve.
- Lemon Truffles: process cookies and cream cheese as instructed above. Form into balls and chill. For coating combine coconut, lemon juice, powdered sugar and melted white chocolate (following instructions above). Coat lemon balls with coconut mixture - you'll have to press into the ball. Chill and serve.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 to 1 cup pecan halves, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With an electric mixer, beat the 1/2 cup butter and the cream cheese until smooth. Add the flour and beat until fully combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Spray a 24-cup mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, brown sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Set aside.
- Shape the chilled dough into 24 one-inch balls. Create the tart shell by pressing each ball into a cup of the mini muffin pan, spreading evenly, then drop in some of the pecans about 1 teaspoon into each mini muffin cup. Fill each cup evenly with the egg-sugar mixture. Bake until the filling is set, about 25 minutes. Cool in the pan about three minutes then onto a wire rack until cooled.
Need More Inspiration?
check out these Christmas Parties Past: