Annual Christmas Party Left-Right Game Prize
Each year we host a Christmas party. I decorate, cook and prepare gifts. Dearest and our daughter do the entertaining. Part of that entertaining includes the ‘Left-Right’ game set to Christmas stories or poems. It’s so much fun.
For the Left-Right game I usually make homemade gifts from bath salts, soaps, granola, to hot chocolate mix and apple cider mix in jars.
Extra Special Touch
This year, I’ve been asked to make my Hot Chocolate mix again, so I wanted to make the jars something special.
Snow Globe Lids
This is a fun easy way to make Christmas gifts in a jar more special. It’s quite easy too!
How to Make Snow Globe Lids
- Determine what size jar you’ll use – I used the tall pint and 1/2 jar
- Plastic ornament balls –
- small Christmas ornaments (very small!)
- Faux snow – small balls
- Christmas twine
- hot glue and glue gun
- card stock
Wrap the band with ribbon securing with hot glue.
- 4 cups powdered milk
- 2 3/4 cups Nesquik
- 2 cups Coffee Mate Creamer
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed. Pour into mason jars using a wide mouth funnel. Fill each jar with about 2 cups hot cocoa mix. Top with Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits.
- Optional: you can add additional miniature chocolate chips, crushed mints or crushed toffee candy this recipe makes approximately 5 pints of cocoa mix.
Left-Right Gifts in Thirty-One Bags
One more special touch – I’ve put these Hot Chocolate Gifts in a Jar in these sweet Thirty-One bags. I’ve loved these for years!