Spring has been marvelously beautiful this year. After our mild winter, the spring flowers are beginning to arrive in abundance. With the balmy, fragrant flowered air today, I decided to treat myself to a lovely alfresco lunch with a special treat – coconut cake.
Quick and Easy, Moist and Delicious Coconut Cake
Our back porch is a lovely place out of direct sun to sit and to enjoy the garden. This is where we gather from time to time to dine alfresco.
- 1 pkg plain white cake mix
- 1 1/3 c. water
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can Coco Loco Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Heavey Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- Sweetened Coconut
- place rack in center of oven, bake at 350 degrees. Use a 13X9 cake pan.
- Place cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in an electric mixer, mix on low speed 1 minute, scraping down the sides. Beat batter 2 minutes on medium speed. Spread into greased 13X9 cake pan. bake 27 to 29 minutes.
- Chill bowl and whisk of an electric mixer, pour heavy whipping cream into bowl. Beat until on high speed until cream has thickened. approximately 1 1/2 minutes. Add sugar and beat an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- While cake is still warm, pour over coconut milk spreading across the cake - once cake is cooled apply Whipped Cream frosting and top with a generous amount of sweetened coconut. Chill at least 1 hour.