Your Experience With A Delightsome Life
Hello! From time to time I will share something with you that I think is awesome. By visiting my blog today, you’ve noticed a difference. In fact, if you’ve been visiting this year the look of the blog has changed dramatically. From the first day I began to blog, I wanted your visit to be a beautiful, relaxing experience. If there’s something I have to share by way of craft, decor, or recipe I hope you find it pleasantly enjoyable and helpful.
Years ago, I made a big change to my blog. I changed over from Blogger to WordPress. I really LOVE what I’ve been able to do with my blog since then. I’m always looking to make my blog a lovely experience and user friendly.
When You find something great you want to share it with your friends. I am so excited by the beautifully feminine website themes created by Lauren and her team at Restored 316. I discovered these themes by noting the credits on several charming blogs. Then I visited Restored 316 and began to explore. Oh, all the beautiful feminine themes available!
Take The Quiz
Not only are these website themes beautifully feminine, but they’re also very versatile. I spent some time the first time thinking carefully in deciding which theme to choose. In fact, Lauren and her Restored 316 team understand how challenging it may be to decide which of their themes is just right for you. So, they’ve created a quiz you can take to narrow down your selection.
Which theme is best for your website? Quiz
The Refined Theme
The Refined Theme is the beautiful theme I’m using now! When it was launched I was immediately smitten. I was drawn to several of the versatile elements Lauren added to this theme. Here’s what I like:
- It’s beautiful. Just like every one of the Restored 361 themes
- It’s fully customizable and flexible
- The announcement bar – Above the header I can place an announcement, update and just about any thing that I would love to let you know or to share!
- The four menus – especially the split menu alongside the Header Logo
- The large width slider. Right now I have one single image, but I can add up to five images.
- The Home Page with multiple widgetized areas. This is an option…I could’ve started directly with the blog page.
- The horizontal Instagram along the bottom.
- The color scheme, and ability to adjust to my brand colors.
- The ability to add a shop – or not
- The beautifully designed Custom Blog Page Template
- The integration with email campaign servers – I use Mailchimp
- The Pages to include contact me, landing pages, and more…
Preparing and Planning
Before I made my transfer to the Refined theme I viewed this very helpful video. Refined Explored Workshop . I took notes and created the images you see now on the slider, the featured images and the images on the category pages. I was inspired by the beauty of all of the examples shared in demonstrating the beautiful Restored 316 themes. From my notes I decided just what I wanted to go where, what parts of this design I wanted to implement and which images would fit the widgetized areas and the categories.
Easy Step-by-Step Instructions and Awesome Support
Then I began the transfer. Each theme has detailed step-by-step instructions and there are several videos to assist in the transition and transformation. With planning and following the instructions, it was quite easy. The only part that took some time was changing over the image thumbnail size with the appropriate plugin. That was because after seven years of blogging I have A LOT of images! As I was going along one of the plugins that I had from the beginning of being on WordPress created a problem. I contacted the lovely ladies at Restored 316 via their chat option and very quickly solved that problem. They also have a Facebook page that you can visit to share with and to get inspired.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a percentage in compensation.