March Garden Journal
‘Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems
Ranier Maria Rilke
Hooray for Hellebores!
Spring began with the Daffodils
I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o’er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
Forsythia is pure joy. There is not an ounce, not a glimmer of sadness or even knowledge in forsythia. Pure, undiluted, untouched joy. Anne Lindbergh
Loveliest of trees the Cherry now is hung with bloom along the bough.
A. E. Housman
A tulip doesn’t strive to impress anyone. It doesn’t struggle to be different than a rose. It doesn’t have to. It is different. And there’s room in the garden for every flower. Marianne Williamson
The Best Early Blooming Spring Flowers:
- daffodils – most reliable bulb for the south
- Hellebores – bloom from midwinter to early spring
- Forsythia – exuberant, spreading shrub
- Cherry tree – exquisite shape and beauty
- Snowballs – from their bright green to their white flower balls
- Quince – an exotic, lovely spring bloom
I am sharing this post with these Delightsome blog parties: