From Frozen Bread Dough
I just love having my freezer full of bread dough! There’s so much you can do with this wonderful product. Dearest wanted me to make for him some sausage bread for a breakfast at work. I made three large loaves. He bought several packages with five frozen loaves – they were on sale.
Last night I made cheese bread and Cinnamon Buns for us!
Frozen Bread Dough Cinnamon Buns
- 1 Frozen Bread Dough roll
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups+ confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 + tablespoons 1/2 and 1/2 creamer
1. Follow the direction to defrost and allow your bread dough to rise. (I like the 'speed' method of placing the dough in a bowl in a warm oven with a bowl of boiling water)
2. Spread the bread dough on lightly floured surface making a rectangle of about 6 inches by 12 to 14 inches. The dough may draw back, but you can 'spread it as you add the filling - it will weigh it down some.
3. sprinkle brown sugar over surface of bread dough rectangle leaving about 3/4 inch clean on long side and about 1/2 inch on short ends.
4. sprinkle cinnamon over brown sugar and sprinkle raisins over brown sugar and cinnamon.
5. Roll bread dough along long side by gently lifting dough as you roll to keep the filling from bunching up.
6. once rolled pinch the dough together to seal both along ends and along long side.
7. Cut dough in the center and then by thirds. Place on cookie sheet with pinched end facing center, leaving a little space between. Press down some To where the buns just meet.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes - until lightly brown.
IcingCream softened cream cheese. Add the confectioner's sugar and vanilla. Add enough 1/2 and 1/2 to where the icing is just like butter cream frosting. You'll want to place a spoonful on top. The frosting will begin to melt some. Spread lightly with the back side of the spoon.