Dearest brought home some blueberries from a gentleman he met through work. This kind man has been sharing the fruit of his garden and even some of the plants with us. I thought I’d make this cake for Dearest to enjoy when he came home from work. The recipe is from Ina Garten – I added a wee bit more cinnamon.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 lb. or 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 extra large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup self-rise flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (+flour for dusting)
- Prepare pan by greasing and lightly flouring pan*
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Add the flour, reserve this to top the cake batter you will crumble this mixture over the cake batter before baking.
- Cream butter and sugar in an electric mixer on high for 4 to 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla, lemon zest and sour cream. Gently stir in the flour. Fold in the blueberries pre-dusted with flour so that they'll incorporate in the batter. Pour the batter into prepared cake pans and crumble streusel mix over batter. *This cake works best in spring-form cake pan or bundt cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes.
I am sharing this post with these Delightsome blog parties:
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Foodie Friday @ Rattlebridge Farm
Home @ Rose Chintz Cottage
Open House @ Bernideens Teatme Blog
Sunny Simple Monday @ Sunny Simple Life
Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life