I went to a Garden Party….
several of our friends and neighbors gathered again for a lovely garden party at my friend Maria’s home. I’ve shared her store, Rooms U Love with you a number of times as well as her home.
Her garden is beautiful and the setting was quite lovely.
It is always lovely to get together with friends and have such an enjoyable time!
We exchanged plants in a game.
I came home with a lovely Calla Lily – for Dearest. It’s one of his favorites!
I made Pesto-Parmesan Mini Biscuits.
Initially I was planning to make a tart, but I ran out of time! So, I decided biscuits would be good to go along with the salads, fruits, vegetables and all that everyone offered.
I decided to give them the wonderful flavor of pesto.
Not only did the addition of pesto and parmesan add flavor but amazing fragrance! I was asked for the recipe, I truly had just put it together…so I repeated-taking measurements this time – to share the recipe with my friends and with you!
fragrant, herbal mini biscuits that are wonderful accomanyments to salads, shrimp, fresh fruit and vegetables, ham, chicken salad and more!
- 2 cups Self-Rise Flour (White Lily)
- 1/4 cup shortening (Crisco)
- 1 cup whole buttermilk (Mayfield)
- 1/4 cup pesto (Classico Traditional Basil Pesto)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (Mama Francesca-Parmesan & Garlic)+
- ( ) indicate brands I used
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted to brush onto finished biscuits)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and shortening with hands; breaking up the shortening until the flour resembles coarse corn meal.
- Add the pesto and the Parmesan cheese stirring in.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and add the buttermilk. Stir until just mixed, the batter will be sticky.
- Turn out onto floured surface. With floured hands, sprinkle a little flour, fold over dough at least four times until dough is soft and pliable.
- Pat down dough until flat about 1/4 inches.
- Using a 1 1/2 inch biscuit cutter cut out small biscuits starting at edges of dough working round and then into the center.
- Place on baking sheet and bake biscuits for at least 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Brush melted butter on top biscuits and serve.
I will serve these biscuits tonight
but beforehand, I cut pieces of some of my favorite sliced ham, Kentucky Legend-Honey Baked Ham and gave them to Dearest and our son for a snack.