Questions Fall Decor
This really started with a couple questions then my daughter noticing me beginning to start to create and to decorate for Fall decor she wanted to know, “When do I start decorating for Fall?” Then, I’d get comments and statements that people aren’t ready to decorate – they live in the north and they want as much of the beauty of summer to last a long time. Your Questions Fall Decor
Believe me I understand! Hey, I’m sharing what’s inspiring me, what I’m doing now so you can PLAN and prepare to enjoy the process yourself. If it’s way too early for you – you’re not alone!
So Here are the Top 8 Questions on Fall Decor
The When Questions:
- When to Start Fall Decor – I’d start with reviewing what you have. Fall isn’t ‘officially’ here until late September (this year 22nd). I’d take out what you have, review the appearance of your decor. Does some of it look tired? Does some if it look ‘dated’ (you can update A LOT with paint). So, first things first – get your Fall decor out, review it, organize it, search for inspirations of what you’d like to make or what you’d like to make more of and create a list. I’d do this early September – after Labor Day. (this is what I told my daughter)
- When Does Fall Decor Go On Sale – Truthfully, earlier and earlier. I remember going through a craft store mid-summer and saw Fall AND Christmas decor coming out. So, the good thing is, they put it on ‘sale’ during the time they put it out. So, hey, it’s out now. The BEST time to get fall decor if you have some and want to keep to a budget – watch for the END of the season sale. Just note, if it’s popular, it may not last at the store.
- When to Put Fall Decor Out – It’s up to you. You can begin BEFORE Fall is official. This works especially if you have A LOT of decor and want to have your place sparkle at the beginning of the season. One thing you can do is to take the cue from your surroundings. Here, early signs of fall are already out. I LOVE Sweet Autumn Clematis and just right now it is fully open and fragrant…this is a preview of what’s to come with the changing of the colors and temperatures. So, with that thought – start room by room if you want to give a preview then VOILA! You’re there! So for dates let’s say any where from after Labor Day to October.
an example of where you can find items to repurpose for decor – Dollar Store
The WHO and WHERE Questions:
Who sells Fall decor? Today, just about every one! I love going to the Dollar Stores to see what they have – if you’re on a budget, they’re a great resource for some things.
- Dollar Stores (best source for inexpensive decor)
- Craft Stores
- Department Stores
- Discount Stores
- Grocery Stores
- Online Sites
- Garden Stores
- Name it – you can probably find something that would qualify as decor
List of Where You can Decorate for Fall:
- front door
- coffee table
- dining room
One last thought on who and where. Have an open mind when shopping. Things that aren’t specified for fall decor or seasonal decor may just work beautifully. I have a craft coming up that repurposes the item as a fall decor item. I’ve used paper, fabric, paper bags etc… to create fall decor. I just found something that I loved the color and pattern to that I’ll use as fall decor – it’s purpose is TOTALLY different. So let your imagination fly!
How to Make or How to Decorate for Fall Decor
As I’ve shared I have used several items as fall decor or created fall decor from every day objects. You can search Autumn Decor on my sidebar and find several crafts. How to Decorate is connected with where you decorate. You’re basically creating or adding to the vignettes in your home. Tabletops, countertops, mantels, bookcases, china cabinets, walls and overall room (things you set on your floor). You can change up pillows with slipcovers to bring the colors of fall to your decor. You can simply add flowers and candles. If you don’t want to overhaul your look, just add a few pumpkins here and there. I like to make pumpkins, wreaths and other decorative items. I love using textures during fall such as burlap, paper, and dried flowers. So the HOW just truly depends on you. In each room decide what surface you want to decorate to bring the fall decor feel to your home. You can do a little or do a lot. It’s totally up to you!
What Can I Use for Fall Decor:
- pumpkins faux and real
- flowers such as mums
- hay bales
- straw bales
- seed pods
- dried flowers
- mason jars
- corn stalks
FREE PDF FALL DECOR CHECKLIST